Covid-19 – SOCIAL DISTANCING
UPDATE: July 19th 2021
Covid restrictions have ended in many settings in England from Monday 19th July 2021. England’s Chief Nursing Officer Ruth May has now clarified that face coverings must still be worn in healthcare settings: “Face coverings and social distancing measures will remain in place across healthcare settings so that the most vulnerable people can continue to safely attend hospital, their GP surgery, pharmacy or any other healthcare settings for advice, care and treatment. And it is important for the public to continue to play their part when visiting NHS and care settings to help protect our staff and patients, particularly those who may be more vulnerable to infections.”
Therefore, please be advised that when you arrive at the practice, you will be asked to follow our strict social-distancing procedures, before, during, and after your appointment, these are described below.
The routine for patients attending the practice
1. When you arrive for your appointment, the door will be locked, please knock on the door so that we know you are there.
At this point, please wear your face-covering until asked to remove it.
2. We will meet you at the door and take your temperature, we will record it and offer you some hand sanitiser.
4. A nurse will meet you and take you straight through to the surgery.
Please forgive us for not engaging in too much small talk. Also, we may be wearing more personal protective equipment than you are used to seeing us wearing, I promise we are still the same underneath!
5. When you are in the surgery, we will ask you to remove your face covering and rinse & gargle for one minute with a mouthwash. We will also ask you to wash your hands with soap and water.
During your appointment, we would ask to use a tissue if you need to cough or have sneezed and we will dispose of it straight away.
6. You may see us cleaning down the practice while you are here, we do this routinely throughout the day to keep our patients and our staff safe.
7. Before you leave, we will ask you to sanitise your hands again and would suggest you wash with soap and water when you get home as usual.